The Apprenticeship, Traineeship & Jobs Growth Wales Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund
Level 3 Personal Training
Suitable for learners already achieving the L 2 Instructing Exercise and Fitness. This qualification gives learners the knowledge and skills to work with individuals and small groups of clients as a personal trainer.
Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
This Framework includes the following components
- Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- Technical Certificate at Level 3
- Level 3 Diploma
- Essential Skills Level 2 - Application of Number and Communication (Can be exempt with prior achievements)
Typically, 18 months
Typical job roles
- Personal Trainer
- Health, fitness and performance Instructor
- Gym Instructor
This qualification will further develop learners, who have existing knowledge and skills in gym instruction, to enable them to pursue a career in personal training. During the qualification learners will cover the following:
- Further knowledge of anatomy and physiology applicable to personal training.
- Nutrition for exercise, health and fitness.
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
- Effective communication skills for client consultations to encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and strategies for change.
- Skills to plan and conduct physical activity sessions with different types of clients in a variety of environments with a range of resources.
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.
Delivery model: How are apprenticeships delivered?
Each learner is different, which is why we use a range of delivery options – face-to-face support, online learning – within our programmes.
- Apprentices are supported by a Training Advisor
- Apprentices complete work projects, applying learning to their role
- Expert tutor supports development of skills and knowledge
- Learning and progress is managed and tracked online