The Apprenticeship, Traineeship & Jobs Growth Wales Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund
Level 2 Instructing Exercise and Fitness
This qualification will provide learners with a combination of knowledge and skills to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes to a range of clients in a Gym environment.
Level 2 Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness
This Framework includes the following components
• Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure
• Technical Certificate at Level 2
• Level 2 Diploma
• Essential Skills Level 1 - Application of Number and Communication (Can be Except with Prior Achievement)
Typically, 15 months
Typical job roles
- Personal Trainer
- Sports Coach
- Gym Instructing
- Fitness Instructing
This qualification aims to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to plan, deliver and supervise safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club environment. During the qualification learners will cover:
- Anatomy, physiology and nutrition and how they relate to exercise and fitness.
- Health and safety in the fitness environment.
- The skills to conduct client and group inductions in a gym-based environment and support exercise adherence and a healthy lifestyle.
- The skills to plan, instruct and supervise safe and effective exercise and physical activity sessions.
- Professionalism for fitness instructing.
- Personal and professional development.
- Delivering exceptional customer service
Delivery model: How are apprenticeships delivered?
Each learner is different, which is why we use a range of delivery options – face-to-face support, online learning – within our programmes.
- Apprentices are supported by a Training Advisor
- Apprentices complete work projects, applying learning to their role
- Expert tutor supports development of skills and knowledge
- Learning and progress is managed and tracked online