The Apprenticeship, Traineeship & Jobs Growth Wales Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund
Level 2 in Active Leisure, Learning and Well-being Operational Services
This qualification is designed to provide sport and recreation assistants, pool attendants and other front line staff with the essential background knowledge from a number of core subjects which will enable them to develop their vocational skills.
Level 2 Certificate in Active Leisure, Learning and Well-being Operational Services
This Framework includes the following components
- Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure
- Technical Certificate at Level 2
- Level 2 Certificate NVQ
- Essential Skills Level 1 - Application of Number and Communication (Can be exempt with prior achievements)
Typically, 15 months
Typical job roles
- Pool Attendant
- Sport and Recreation Assistant
- Leisure Facility Receptionist
- Front life staff with the essential background knowledge of core subjects
The objective of the Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Active Leisure Learning and Well being Operational Services is to provide a benefit to learners through an introduction into the principles/practice of safe, ethical and effective Active Leisure, Learning and Well-being Operational Services, and to confirm competence to the required standard in an appropriate environment.
This qualification has been developed for Active Leisure, Learning and Well-being, in consultation from industry experts in the area of sport and active leisure. It is therefore supported by industry experts.
Delivery model: How are apprenticeships delivered?
Each learner is different, which is why we use a range of delivery options – face-to-face support, online learning – within our programmes.
- Apprentices are supported by a Training Advisor
- Apprentices complete work projects, applying learning to their role
- Expert tutor supports development of skills and knowledge
- Learning and progress is managed and tracked online