The Apprenticeship, Traineeship & Jobs Growth Wales Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund
Level 2 Health and Social Care Core (Adults)
Would you like a career in Health and Social Care? This programme provides an industry recognised foundation level qualification, delivered by experienced professionals. It aims to prepare you to progress onto Advanced study or into the health or social care sector.
Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care Core (Adults)
This Framework includes the following components
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care: Core
- The Principles and values of Health and Social Care
- Health and Wellbeing
- Professional Practice as Health and Social Care worker
- Safeguarding individuals
- Health and safety
All the above topics will be delivered by your assessor through teaching and learning, activities, and sample assignments to test knowledge and understanding in preparation for the assessments.
Each individual taking part in the course should be able to visit our head office in Mochdre to take part in assessments.
Course 1 - Tuesday 22nd February 2022 9:30am - 12:30pm
Course 2 - Tuesday 22nd February 2022 1:30pm - 4:40pm
Course 3 - Wednesday 23rd February 2022 9:30am - 12:30pm
Course 4- Friday 25th February 2022 9:30am - 12:30pm
Course 5- Friday 25th February 2022 1:30pm - 4:30pm
To be eligible for training through the Personal Learning Account, you must meet at least one of the following criteria, and be:
- employed (including self-employed) and earning under £29,534, or
- a furloughed worker, including anyone who has accessed or is accessing the UK Government Job Retention Scheme (which runs until December 2020) or the Job Support Scheme (in operation from 1st November 2020), or
- on a zero hours contract, or
- an agency staff, or
- at risk of being made redundant, or
- an employed individual that have been or potentially will be 'financially' negatively impacted by the economy, for example where your anticipated annual salary this financial year will be less than £29,534, or the future of your employment could be potentially at risk due to working in a sector which is likely to see a negative impact going forward due to COVID-19
You also must be over the age of 19, live in Wales and be able to travel to the college venue, if required.
Delivery model: How are apprenticeships delivered?
The programme will consist of the All Wales Core qualification which allows for registration to work in the sector.
The programme will be delivered through the following:
- Remote learning
- Classroom-based assessments
- Group Work
Each learner is different, so support can be given through delivery.
- Learners are supported by a Training Advisor
- Learners complete work projects, applying learning to their role
- Expert tutor supports development of skills and knowledge
- Learning and progress is managed and tracked online
Completion of this course improves your employability and gives you important knowledge and skills. It will prepare you for a career in healthcare, social care or childcare. Successful completion would enable you to immediately register to work in the sector.
In education, the course gives you a number of options. At North Wales Training, you could progress onto a number of courses, including:
Typical Job Roles
- Social Care Worker
- Domiciliary Care Worker
- Support Worker
- Reablement Assistant
- Residential Care Worker
- Home Care Assistant
- Care and Support at home