The Apprenticeship, Traineeship & Jobs Growth Wales Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund
Level 2 Activity Leadership
The Activity Leadership NVQ is aimed at activity leaders, assistant instructors, youth workers, outdoor recreation assistants, outdoor assistant instructors, and sports development workers.
Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership
This Framework includes the following components
- Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Essential Skills - Application of Number and Communication (Can be exempt with prior achievements)
Typically, 15 months
Typical Job Roles
- Activity leaders
- Assistant instructors
- Youth workers
- Outdoor recreation assistants
- Outdoor assistant instructor
- Sports development workers.
This qualification aims to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to prepare sessions, introduce and lead people in activities, making sure the work environment is healthy and safe, and promoting individuals personal and social development.
Delivery Model: How are apprenticeships delivered?
Each learner is different, which is why we use a range of delivery options – face-to-face support, online learning – within our programmes.
- Apprentices are supported by a Training Advisor
- Apprentices complete work projects, applying learning to their role
- Expert tutor supports development of skills and knowledge
- Learning and progress is managed and tracked online