The Apprenticeship, Traineeship & Jobs Growth Wales Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund
Foundation Apprenticeship L2 Retail Skills
Retail is the process of selling consumer goods or services to customers through multiple channels of distribution for his or her own use. It will allow learners to apply their knowledge, understanding and skills thus proving competence in their job role.
Level 2 Certificate in Retail Skills
This Framework includes the following components
- Level 2 Certificate in Retail Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Retail Knowledge
- Essential Skills Wales Communication
- Essential Skills Wales Application of number
Typically, 15 months
Typical job roles
- Beauty Consultant
- Visual Merchandiser
- Fresh food Counter Assistant
- Sales Assistant
- Stockroom Assistant
Retail performs the role of the sales assistant but also deals within specific products providing expert advice and guidance to customers, making display in-store windows, prepare merchandise for customers by cutting and weighing or by maintaining the freshness and appearance of the merchandise on display. Liaising with customers in all aspects of retails sales. Handling stock and deliveries, receiving, storing and picking stock for the sales floor.
Delivery model: How are apprenticeships delivered?
Each learner is different, which is why we use a range of delivery options – face-to-face support, online learning – within our programmes.
- Apprentices are supported by a Training Advisor
- Apprentices complete work projects, applying learning to their role
- Expert tutor supports development of skills and knowledge
- Learning and progress is managed and tracked online