The Apprenticeship, Traineeship & Jobs Growth Wales Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund
Foundation Apprenticeship L2 Licensed Hospitality
The Foundation Apprenticeship provides the underpinning knowledge and understanding in the licensed hospitality role. Apprentices in this role will develop in their understanding and ability to provide a safe, hygienic, and secure working environment, have effective teamwork, give customers a positive impression.
Level 2 Certificate in Licensed Hospitality Skills
This Framework includes the following components
- Level 2 Certificate in Licensed Hospitality Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Licensed Hospitality Operations
- Essential Skills Wales Communication
- Essential Skills Wales Application of number
Typically, 15 months
Typical job roles
- Bar person
- Assistant Bar Manager
Taking drinks orders, maintaining a high standard of customer care, and taking opportunities to maximise sales in a discreet manner. Preparation and cleaning of tables and service areas. Preparing and checking bills and receiving payment. Help set up the bar area, stock the shelves and refrigerators, serve a wide range of alcoholic/non-alcoholic drinks, washing glasses, and clear up after service, marketing and cellar work.
Delivery model: How are apprenticeships delivered?
Each learner is different, which is why we use a range of delivery options – face-to-face support, online learning – within our programmes.
- Apprentices are supported by a Training Advisor
- Apprentices complete work projects, applying learning to their role
- Expert tutor supports development of skills and knowledge
- Learning and progress is managed and tracked online