The Apprenticeship, Traineeship & Jobs Growth Wales Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund
Foundation Apprenticeship L2 in Professional Cookery
The Foundation Apprenticeship provides the underpinning knowledge and understanding in the food Production and Cooking role. Apprentices in this role will develop in their understanding and ability to provide a safe, hygienic, and secure working environment, have effective teamwork, and food safety within catering.
Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cooking
This Framework includes the following components
- Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Level 2 Principles in Professional Cookery
- Essential Skills Wales Communication
- Essential Skills Wales Application of number
Typically, 18 months
Typical job roles
- Craft Chef (fine dining)
- Comis Chef
- Kitchen Assistant
Cook, prepare, and finish food using specialist ingredients and methods, ensuring food section is constantly supplied with the full range of menu items avoiding shortages and wastage, food safety, health, safety and welfare of all guests and colleagues and cleaning duties.
Delivery model: How are apprenticeships delivered?
Each learner is different, which is why we use a range of delivery options – face-to-face support, online learning – within our programmes.
- Apprentices are supported by a Training Advisor
- Apprentices complete work projects, applying learning to their role
- Expert tutor supports development of skills and knowledge
- Learning and progress is managed and tracked online
- Technical knowledge
- Practical application of the Knowledge
- Learnt through a combination of on and off the job training
- Mindsets, attitudes, and approaches required for competence
- Behaviours tend to be transferable (between levels)