The Apprenticeship, Traineeship & Jobs Growth Wales Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund
Foundation Apprenticeship L2 in Playwork
The Foundation Apprenticeship in Playwork is designed for those individuals who wish to work in a playwork setting and wish to develop their skills and knowledge.
Level 2 Diploma in Playwork
This Framework includes the following components
- Level 2 Diploma in Playwork
- Essential Skills Wales Communication
- Essential Skills Wales Application of number
Typically, 12 months
Typical job roles
- Assistant playworker / play centre assistant
Works under supervision of the playworker in charge, contributing to the organisation and facilitation of playwork opportunities. Awareness of Health and in play environment, developing own playwork and team practice, work with children and young people to create play spaces and support freely chosen and self-directed play and includes the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people.
Delivery model: How are apprenticeships delivered?
Each learner is different, which is why we use a range of delivery options – face-to-face support, online learning – within our programmes.
- Apprentices are supported by a Training Advisor
- Apprentices complete work projects, applying learning to their role
- Expert tutor supports development of skills and knowledge
- Learning and progress is managed and tracked online