The Apprenticeship, Traineeship & Jobs Growth Wales Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund
Foundation Apprenticeship L2 in Kitchen Services
The Foundation Apprenticeship provides the underpinning knowledge and understanding in the food Production and Cooking role. Apprentices in this role will develop in their understanding and ability to provide a safe, hygienic, and secure working environment, have effective teamwork, and food safety within catering.
Level 2 Diploma in Kitchen Services
This Framework includes the following components
- Level 2 Diploma in Kitchen Services
- Level 2 Principles in Kitchen Services
- Essential Skills Wales Communication
- Essential Skills Wales Application of number
Typically, 14 months
Typical job roles
- Kitchen Assistant
Prepare and cook nutritious meals in a hygienic environment, ensuring recipes and portion controls are followed, complete kitchen documentation, minimise all kitchen wastage and maintain stocks. Maintain food safety when cooking, storing and putting clean items away, using basic kitchen equipment, chemicals, cleaning substances, collecting waste and disposing of it safely, unloading deliveries of food and other equipment to the kitchen.
Delivery model How are apprenticeships delivered?
Each learner is different, which is why we use a range of delivery options – face-to-face support, online learning – within our programmes.
- Apprentices are supported by a Training Advisor
- Apprentices complete work projects, applying learning to their role
- Expert tutor supports development of skills and knowledge
- Learning and progress is managed and tracked online