The Apprenticeship and Jobs Growth Wales+ Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund
Foundation Apprenticeship L2 in Health and Social Care (Adults)
Foundation apprenticeship in Social Care (Adults) is for people working as in the sector. They will work collaboratively with people inside and outside their own organisation to plan and implement an integrated and effective service.
Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care
This Framework includes the following components
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care: Practice
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care: Core
- Essential Skills Wales Communication
- Essential Skills Wales Application of number
Typically, 15 months
Typical job roles
- Social Care Worker
- Domiciliary Care Worker
- Support Worker
- Reablement Assistant
- Residential Care Worker
- Home Care Assistant
- Care and Support at home
Tasks may include supporting the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs of people who use social care and support services. Support individuals (for example, older people, people with learning disabilities, people with mental health problems, people who are physically disabled, people with chronic health conditions) to live in their own homes/day care settings/residential care.
Delivery model: How are apprenticeships delivered?
Each learner is different, which is why we use a range of delivery options – face-to-face support, online learning – within our programmes.
- Apprentices are supported by a Training Advisor
- Apprentices complete work projects, applying learning to their role
- Expert tutor supports development of skills and knowledge
- Learning and progress is managed and tracked online