The Apprenticeship, Traineeship & Jobs Growth Wales Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund
Foundation Apprenticeship L2 Food and Beverage Service
The Foundation Apprenticeship provides the underpinning knowledge and understanding in the food and beverage role. Apprentices in this role will develop in their understanding and ability to provide a safe, hygienic, and secure working environment, have effective teamwork, give customers a positive impression and understand the principles of customers service in hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism.
Level 2 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service
This Framework includes the following components
- Level 2 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service
- Level 2 Principles in Food and Beverage Service
- Essential Skills Wales Communication
- Essential Skills Wales Application of number
Typically, 14 months
Typical job roles
- Waiter or Silver Service Waiter (Food and Beverage)
- Bar/cellar person
Taking food and drinks orders, maintaining a high standard of customer care, and taking opportunities to maximise sales in a discreet manner. Preparation and cleaning of tables and service areas. Preparing and checking bills and receiving payment. Help set up the bar area, stock the shelves and refrigerators, serve a wide range of alcoholic/non-alcoholic drinks, washing glasses, and clear up after service.
Delivery model: How are apprenticeships delivered?
Each learner is different, which is why we use a range of delivery options – face-to-face support, online learning – within our programmes.
- Apprentices are supported by a Training Advisor
- Apprentices complete work projects, applying learning to their role
- Expert tutor supports development of skills and knowledge
- Learning and progress is managed and tracked online