The Apprenticeship and Jobs Growth Wales+ Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund
Apprenticeship L3 in Professional Cookery
The Apprenticeship provides the underpinning knowledge and understanding in the Professional Cookery role. Apprentices in this role will develop in their understanding and ability to provide a safe, hygienic, and secure working environment, have effective teamwork, and food safety within catering.
Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cooking
This Framework includes the following components
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Level 3 Principles in Professional Cookery
- Essential Skills Wales Communication
- Essential Skills Wales Application of number
Typically, 21 months
Typical job roles
- Sous Chef
- Senior Chef/cook
Assist in managing the operation of the kitchen, liaising with the Head Chef around menu development, prepare, cook and finish food, monitor quality, stock management to minimise wastage, prepare staff rotas, monitor staff performance and ensure that staff work effectively together.
Delivery model: How are apprenticeships delivered?
Each learner is different, which is why we use a range of delivery options – face-to-face support, online learning – within our programmes.
- Apprentices are supported by a Training Advisor
- Apprentices complete work projects, applying learning to their role
- Expert tutor supports development of skills and knowledge
- Learning and progress is managed and tracked online