The Apprenticeship and Jobs Growth Wales+ Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund
Apprenticeship L3 in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership
The Apprenticeship provides the underpinning knowledge and understanding in the Hospitality Supervision and Leadership role. Apprentices in this role will develop in their understanding and ability to provide a safe, hygienic, and secure working environment, maximise the customer experience and have effective teamwork through the management of a team.
Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership
This Framework includes the following components
- Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership
- Level 3 Principles in Professional Cookery
- Essential Skills Wales Communication
- Essential Skills Wales Application of number
Typically, 18 months
Typical job roles
- Unit Manager – contract catering
- Head of Departments
- Hotel Supervisor/Manager
Maintain the smooth running of the department, co-ordinate their functions, maximise the customer experience, resolve problems, ensure staff comply with health and safety, fire and hygiene regulations, monitor security systems, and ensure a high standard of personal presentation. Manage: food production/delivery and process; make decisions on work allocation and re-allocation; the roster; menu changes and supply issues; produce/monitor food safety/related policies. Play a key role in the development of new facilities, special promotions, and events. Ensure that the business and departments run efficiently, and any problems that arise are dealt with.
Delivery model: How are apprenticeships delivered?
Each learner is different, which is why we use a range of delivery options – face-to-face support, online learning – within our programmes.
- Apprentices are supported by a Training Advisor
- Apprentices complete work projects, applying learning to their role
- Expert tutor supports development of skills and knowledge
- Learning and progress is managed and tracked online