The Apprenticeship, Traineeship & Jobs Growth Wales Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund
Apprenticeship L3 in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership
Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership
This Framework includes the following components
- Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership
- Level 3 Principles in Professional Cookery
- Essential Skills Wales Communication
- Essential Skills Wales Application of number
Typically, 21 months
Typical job roles
- Unit Manager – contract catering
- Head of Departments
- Hotel Supervisor/Manager
Maintain the smooth running of the department, co-ordinate their functions, maximise the customer experience, resolve problems, ensure staff comply with health and safety, fire and hygiene regulations, monitor security systems, and ensure a high standard of personal presentation. Manage: food production/delivery and process; make decisions on work allocation and re-allocation; the roster; menu changes and supply issues; produce/monitor food safety/related policies. Play a key role in the development of new facilities, special promotions, and events. Ensure that the business and departments run efficiently, and any problems that arise are dealt with.
Delivery model: How are apprenticeships delivered?
Each learner is different, which is why we use a range of delivery options – face-to-face support, online learning – within our programmes.
- Apprentices are supported by a Training Advisor
- Apprentices complete work projects, applying learning to their role
- Expert tutor supports development of skills and knowledge
- Learning and progress is managed and tracked online