The Apprenticeship, Traineeship & Jobs Growth Wales Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund
Apprenticeship L3 in Children’s Care, Play, Learning and Development
The Apprenticeship in Children’s Care, Play, Learning and Development provides the opportunity to prove occupational competence and develop knowledge and skills for people who work with young children (and their families) in settings or services (primarily those in early years).
Level 3 Diploma Children’s Care, Play, Learning and Development
This Framework includes the following components
- Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Care, Play, Learning and Development: Practice
- Level 2 Diploma in Children’s Care, Play, Learning and Development: Core
- Essential Skills Wales Communication
- Essential Skills Wales Application of number
Typically, 18 months
Typical job roles
- Nursery Practitioner
- Senior Nursery Practitioner/Room Leader
- Child Minder
- Integrated Children’s Centre Practitioner
- Creche Leader/Practitioner
- Early Years Health Support Workers
Tasks may include working with children (pre-school) and practitioners to support the physical, intellectual, language, emotional and social development of children. To promote the education and development of children to learn and socialise in a Welsh medium environment and/or in a pre-school or playgroup setting. As a manager you would be responsible for setting the operational direction and organising the effective running of the care provision.
Delivery model: How are apprenticeships delivered?
Each learner is different, which is why we use a range of delivery options – face-to-face support, online learning – within our programmes.
- Apprentices are supported by a Training Advisor
- Apprentices complete work projects, applying learning to their role
- Expert tutor supports development of skills and knowledge
- Learning and progress is managed and tracked online