The Apprenticeship, Traineeship & Jobs Growth Wales Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund
Apprenticeship L3 in Children’s Care, Play, Learning and Development
Level 3 Diploma Children’s Care, Play, Learning and Development
This Framework includes the following components
- Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Care, Play, Learning and Development: Practice
- Level 2 Diploma in Children’s Care, Play, Learning and Development: Core
- Essential Skills Wales Communication
- Essential Skills Wales Application of number
Typically, 24 months
Typical job roles
- Nursery Practitioner
- Senior Nursery Practitioner/Room Leader
- Child Minder
- Integrated Children’s Centre Practitioner
- Creche Leader/Practitioner
- Early Years Health Support Workers
Tasks may include working with children (pre-school) and practitioners to support the physical, intellectual, language, emotional and social development of children. To promote the education and development of children to learn and socialise in a Welsh medium environment and/or in a pre-school or playgroup setting. As a manager you would be responsible for setting the operational direction and organising the effective running of the care provision.
Delivery model: How are apprenticeships delivered?
Each learner is different, which is why we use a range of delivery options – face-to-face support, online learning – within our programmes.
- Apprentices are supported by a Training Advisor
- Apprentices complete work projects, applying learning to their role
- Expert tutor supports development of skills and knowledge
- Learning and progress is managed and tracked online