The Apprenticeship, Traineeship & Jobs Growth Wales Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund
Apprenticeship L3 Community Development
Level 3 Diploma in Community Development
This Framework includes the following components
- Level 3 Diploma in Community Development
- Essential Skills Wales Communication
- Essential Skills Wales Application of number
- Essential Skills Wales Digital Literacy
Typically, 21 months
Typical job roles
- Community Development Worker/Coordinator
- Community Development Manager
(Each of this titles may also include Engagement, Participation, Liaison, or Involvement) – working in a variety of sectors such as community development, housing, health, homelessness, or play and be related to project based or ongoing services.
Community Development Workers/Managers work within community groups, identify their needs and support community-based projects in housing, health, homelessness, or play. They will work to promote increased awareness of social inequality and diversity within communities.
Delivery model: How are apprenticeships delivered?
Each learner is different, which is why we use a range of delivery options – face-to-face support, online learning – within our programmes.
- Apprentices are supported by a Training Advisor
- Apprentices complete work projects, applying learning to their role
- Expert tutor supports development of skills and knowledge
- Learning and progress is managed and tracked online