The Apprenticeship, Traineeship & Jobs Growth Wales Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund
Traineeships are a great way of starting a career if you’re a 16-18 year old and not in work or education. We set up proper work experience training for you in a real-world environment. With our support and guidance you’ve everything you need to jump into your chosen career.
What is a Traineeship?
A Traineeship is a Welsh Government funded programme for anyone aged 16-18 years old, living in Wales, who is not currently in any education, training or employment. The programme is designed to help you get on track and find the perfect opportunity for you by working on your CV, interview technique, personal skills and overcoming the barriers that are stopping you from progressing.
Why Complete a Traineeship?
Usually it’s to meet the entry requirements for employment or an Apprenticeship prior to making an application. With a traineeship, expectations are set at the right level meaning it’s understood what’s still to work on.
For each step we support you with things like job search, CV writing, job applications, interview prep, personal, professional and career development.
You'll join a group of your peers all similarly motivated to progress. Psssssst ... people often say that traineeships can be fun!
What you will get out of it?
Work Preparation - Practical training to get you into the swing of working in your chosen area.
Work Placement - A high-quality work experience placement with a real employer looking to develop young people in their business.
Skill Development - If you need it - to brush up on anything not fully completed at School.
What you need to commit?
- 3 - 6 months of your time (the typical duration).
- Between 21 - 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday depending if you are take part in Engagement or Level 1.
- The flexibility to start and end at any time during the year.
- The ability to take part both in our centres or online depending on Government restrictions.
Who is this for?
Our engagement programme is for 16–18-year-olds. This is a great opportunity and option for you if:
- You have recently left school
- You are unsure on what you want to do as a career
- You need support in job search, or the next steps in your education
What will I get from Engagement?
- Work preparation - Practical training to get you into the swing of working in your chosen area
- Skill Development - If you need it - to brush up on anything not fully completed at School.
What do you get out of Engagement?
Engagement might include:
- Community projects e.g.
- CV writing
- Job search
- Paid weekly allowance
- Face-to-face training with tutors undertaking classwork and projects
- BTEC in Work Skills, essential maths and English qualifications (if you need them)
- Professional career coaching
- New friends
- And much more…
Will I be paid?
Yes, you will receive an allowance of £30.00 per week when attending all 3 days per week. Alongside you can claim for travel costs over £3.00 a week and childcare costs if applicable.
Who is this for?
Level 1 is for individuals who need help and support when:
- You know what career path you want to take
- You can start learning from Level 1 upwards…
What will I get from Level 1?
You will get the same benefits from Engagement alongside work experience and get a Level 1 qualification in the sector of your choice. When undertaking work experience, this could potentially become your permanent role if you use the skills gained and continue to develop them.
What happens on the Level 1 programme?
Level 1 is like engagement; however, you while on a work placement in a sector of your choice, you gain a level 1 qualification.
Will I be paid?
Yes, you will receive an allowance of £50.00 per week when attending all 5 days of the week. Alongside you can claim for travel costs over £3.00 a week and childcare costs if applicable.
How do I find out more?
If you would like more information on the traineeship programme, please contact our friendly North Wales traineeship team who will be happy to support you.
E-Mail the traineeship team for more information
Phone 01492 543431 and ask for the traineeship team, for more information.