The Apprenticeship, Traineeship & Jobs Growth Wales Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund
Kickstart Work Placement Officer (a chance to work at North Wales Training)
Start Date: April 2021 Hours: 25 Hours per week (Monday to Friday) Location: Based in Colwyn Bay Salary: National Minimum Wage Applications need to be made through your JCP Job Coach
Start Date: April 2021
Hours: 25 Hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Location: Based in Colwyn Bay
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Applications need to be made through your JCP Job Coach
We are looking for an innovative and enthusiastic individual who will be responsible for sourcing work
placements on Post-16 Traineeship programmes and the school alternative provision. The primary
purpose of the role is to vet and monitor suitable work placements. The successful applicant will have the
ability to communicate effectively with learners, Tutors, and potential employers. As a Placement Officer
you will help learners to think about their futures and provide some focus on accessible career paths,
whilst creating progression opportunities for both further work-based learning and employment. The role
is based at our Head office with elements of travel across other centres, where required (expenses paid).
The Recruitment & Placement Officer fits within the Youth Engagement Team reporting to the Operations
· To source suitable work placement opportunities for learners.
· To carry out health & safety vetting of work placements.
· To provide mentoring support to learners on all routes.
· Be fully aware of the company Health & Safety policy and procedures to ensure that the physical environment of the learner during indoor and outdoor sessions is safe and appropriate.
· Be fully aware of the company safeguarding policy and procedures to ensure the wellbeing of the learners.
· To ensure positive progressions for learners leaving North Wales Training.
· To carry out any related administrative duties required enabling the smooth running of the Engagement Traineeship Programmes liaising with all routes and Audit & Compliance department.
· To adhere to and promote North Wales Training’s environmental practices.
· Any other duties as requested by your Operations Manager, which may be necessary from time to time.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION
Welsh speaker desirable, Good level of Literacy & Numeracy, Excellent communication skills for dealing with
learners, external agencies and employers, Hold a full U.K. driving licence and has access to own car.